Naheem Mahtab, CPA
Lecturer A (Equivalent to Senior Lecturer)
Room No: 4009
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (TAE50111) (2012)
- Certificate IV in Teaching English Language to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (2011)
- Certificate II in Information Technology (2011)
- • Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (2011)
- Diploma of Business Administration (BSB50407)(2009)
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60204) (2009)
- Masters of Accounting, Curtin University (Sydney Campus), Australia (2007-2009)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Major: Finance and Marketing, North South University) (2003-2007)
- Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) (2013- till to date)
- Southeast University Dhaka (2013- 2014)
- Williams Business College, Australia (2013)
- Lloyds International College, Australia (2007-2010)
- Australian Pacific College, Australia (2009-2010)
- Martin College, The Study Group, Australia (2010)
- Windsor Institute of Commerce, Australia (2007-2008)
- Compliance Consultant (January 2013- March 2013)
Australian Institute of Commerce and Language, Australia
- Academic Manager January (2011- March 2013)
Cambridge College International, Australia
- Head Trainer/ Assessor (Business and IT) (March 2010-January 2011)
Cambridge College International, Australia
Mr. Naheem Mahtab is a Lecturer A (Equivalent to Senior Lecturer) of Accounting, School of Business at Independent University, Bangladesh. Mr. Mahtab completed his Masters of Accounting from Curtin University, Australia and his bachelor’s in Finance and Marketing. Prior to joining IUB, Naheem served in various academic roles in both Australia and Bangladesh. Besides that Mr. Mahtab served as the Academic Manager for Cambridge College International in Australia. Mr. Mahtab published several scholarly articles on emerging financial issues and written books on real estate investment in Bangladesh and bond market development in Bangladesh. Mr. Mahtab’s research interest includes corporate governance, cost benefit analysis, inventory management, financial market behaviors, corporate finance etc. Mr. Mahtab is also a member of CPA Australia and Marketing Association of Australia and New Zealand (MAANZ).
- Mahtab, N. “Financial Analysis and Profitability Measurement in Companies in Bangladesh using Altman z-scoring model: an example from Lafarge Surma Cement “, Proceedings of the 2015 Global Conference on Economics and Management Science, October 12-13,hosted by the world conferences.net 1-19, e-ISBN 978-967-0792-05-7.
- Mahtab, N. and Mahtab, T. “The Effect of Macroeconomic Variables on Share Investment and Share Holder’s Investment Behaviour: A Study on Bangladesh Share Market”, Proceedings of the 2015 Istanbul International Academic Conference, June 7-10,hosted by the Global Academic Institute 34-56, ISBN: 978-0-9965808-0-9.
PAPER AWARDED INNOVATIVE AND GOOD RESEARCH PAPER AWARD AT THE BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS SESSION IN THE CONFERENCE.
- Quraishi, MK. and Mahtab, N. “Dividend Payout Study of Companies in Bangladesh”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Business, Law and Corporate Social Responsibility (ICBLCSR’14), 1-2 October, 2014, pp. 77-81,ISBN 978-93-84468-04-0, Phuket, Thailand.
PAPER AWARDED BEST PAPER IN CONFERENCE.
- Mahtab N, Abdullah M (2016). Marketing of Financial and Banking Products: An Example from Bangladeshi Bank. J Account Mark 5:159. doi: 10.4172/2168-9601.1000159 (View This)
- Mahtab, N. and Abdullah, M (2016). Corporate Governance in Financial Institutions in Bangladesh: A Preliminary Study (February 16, 2016). Arabian J Bus Manag Review 6: 221. doi:10.4172/2223-5833.1000221. (View This)
- Mahtab, N., & Islam, M N (September-October 2015)“The Importance of FDI in the Perspective of Bangladesh Banking System: A Preliminary Study”, The Cost and Management,Bi Monthly Journal of the ICMAB ( The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh),Vol 43, Number 5, pp.34-540. Online ISSN:ISSN 1817-5090.
- Mahtab, N. (October 2015) “Impact of CSR on MNC’s Financial Performance in Bangladesh: A Quantitative Research Paper“,International Journal of Finance and Banking Research, Vol 1 (1), pp.12-18.
- Mahtab, N. (August2015) “Employee Stock Options: A New Possibility at Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited“,Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Management Studies, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, Vol 2 (4), pp.152-162. Online ISSN:2313-7401
- Mahtab, N. and Mahtab, T. (July 2015) “The Effect of Macroeconomic Variables on Share Investment and Share Holder’s Investment Behaviour: A Study on Bangladesh Share Market”, Journal of GAI Business and Economic,Vol 1, Issue 1, 34-56, ISSN 2375-9534 (Online) – USA, ISSN 2375-9550 (CD-ROM) – USA
- Mahtab, N. (May 2015) “The Effect of Macroeconomic Variables on the Inflow of Remittance in Bangladesh“,Asian Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, Vol 2(1), pp.21-31. Online ISSN:2313-8181
- Mahtab, N. (May 2015)”Impact of Foreign remittance in Bangladesh: A Study on MutualTrust Bank Limited“,Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management, Vol 2(5A), pp.428-439. Online ISSN:2348-5302. Print ISSN: 2348-8875.
- Mahtab, N. (March 2015)”“A quantitative study in terms of the antecedents and outcomesof service recovery performance of the frontline employees of Mutual Trust Bank Limited“, Scholars Journal of Economics, Business and Management, Vol 2(3), pp.234-250. Online ISSN:2348-5302. Print ISSN: 2348-8875.
- Mahtab, N., & Islam, M N (March 2015)“Corporate Governance: A Preliminary Study on Current Situation in Bangladeshi Companies and the need for Corporate Governance”, Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol 6(6), pp.43-58. Online ISSN:2222-2847. Print ISSN: 2222-1697.
- Mahtab, N. (2014)”A Study on Supplier Finance Required in Maintaining Active Working Capital Level of Customers: An Example from IDLC Financing Company in Bangladesh“,Global Journal of Management and Business Research (C), Vol 14(6), Version 1, pp.13-35. Online ISSN: 2249-4588. Print ISSN: 0975 5853.
PAPER WAS QUOUTED AS HIGHLIGHT OF THE JOURNAL ON THE COVER PAGE OF THE JOURNAL.
RECEIVED CERTIFICATE OF PUBLICATION FROM JOURNAL COMPANY GJMBR.
- Mahtab, N. and Quraishi, MK. (2014) “Real Estate Investment in Bangladesh: A preliminary Study”, Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol 6(2), pp.319-342. ISSN 1946-052X
- Mahtab, N. and Quraishi, MK. (2014) “Dividend Payout Study of Companies in Bangladesh”, Independent Business Review, Vol 7 (1), pp.71-82.
- Mahtab, N, “The Prospects and Challenges of Bond Market Development in Bangladesh”, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2015. ISBN 978-3-659-41240-0.
- Mahtab, N, and Islam, M. N “Real Estate Investment in Bangladesh: A Further Study”, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2015. ISBN 978-3-659-49032-3.
Conducted peer blind review and acted as a reviewer for ICEHM (International Conference on Business, Law and Corporate Social Responsibility) for the following papers submitted at the conference.
- Revisiting the Asian Financial Crisis (AFC) and Its Impact on Corporate Governance Challenge in Malaysia
- Commercial bank credit availability to Small and Medium scale Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria.
- Impact of Corporate Governance on Corporate Environmental Disclosure:Indonesian Evidence