- + Position: Senior Lecturer
- + Field: Economics
- + Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.Sc. (University of Illinois at Urabana Champaign,USA)
- M.Sc. (Jahangirnagar University)
- B.Sc. (Jahangirnagar University)
- Policy Issues
- Applied Econometrics
- International Trade
Academic & Research Experience:
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, Independent University, Bangladesh
- Lecturer, Department of Economics, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh
- Research Associate, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD), Bangladesh
- Fulbright Fellowship 2010-11 for Graduate Program at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA.
- University Merit Scholarship 2004 at Jahangirnagar University.
- 2009 Macroeconomic Management in the Face of Global Economic Crisis in Development of Bangladesh with Equity and Justice: Immediate Tasks for the New Government; Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD); (chapter 1: co-author).
- 2011 Rahman, M., Khan, T. I., Nabi, A., & Paul, T. K. Bangladesh’s Export Opportunities in the Indian Market: Addressing Barriers and Strategies for Future. South Asia Economic Journal, 12(1), 117-141.
- 2010 Kreiter, Z., Paul T.K. Deficit Financing and Inflation in Bangladesh: A Vector Autoregressive Analysis. The Jahangirnagar Economic Review, Vol. 21, 9-26.
- 2009 Rahman, M., Bhattacharya, D., Iqbal, M. A., Khan, T. I., & Paul, T.K. Macroeconomic Management in the Face of Global Challenges. The Bangladesh Accountant, 62(35), 57-95.
- May 2009 “Global Financial Crisis Discussion Paper on Bangladesh” with Mustafizur Rahman, Debapriya Bhattacharya, Ashiq Iqbal and Towfiqul Islam Khan. Overseas Development Institute (ODI), United Kingdom.
- 2010 “Bangladesh’s Export Opportunities in the Indian Market: Addressing Barriers and Strategies for Future” with Mustafizur Rahman, Towfiqul Islam Khan and Ashiqun Nabi, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD), Dhaka (OP 90).
- November 2013 Conference on “Aid for Trade” organized by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP); paper titled “Revisiting aid for Trade Initiative in Bangladesh” at Bangkok, Thailand.
- June 2013 Conference on “WIPO-WTO Colloquium for Teachers of Intellectual Property” organized by the World Trade Organization (WTO) and World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO); paper titled “The Conflicting Issues on Geographical Indications of Bangladesh with India: A Gravity Model Analysis” at Geneva, Switzerland.
- March 2013 Conference on “Women Empowerment, Environment, and Sustainable Economy of Bangladesh” organized by Fulbright Alumni Association of Bangladesh (FAAB); paper titled “Inflation Targeting and Monetary Policy Response in Bangladesh: A Time Domain Approach” at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Seminar, Conference and/or Training
- 18-19 Nov 2013 Regional expert dialogue on Aid for Trade Monitoring the Effectiveness and Development Impact of Aid for Trade, UNESCAP, Bangkok, Thailand
- 22-26 Oct 2013 South Asian Training Program on CGE modeling, SWATEE & UNESCAP, Nepal
- 17-28 Jun 2013 WIPO-WTO Colloquium for Teachers of Intellectual Property, Geneva, Switzerland
- 03-06 Feb 2011 Fulbright Enrichment Seminar; Greening of the Planet: Global Challenges, Local Solutions, US Department of State, Los Angles, CA, US
- 23-24 Mar 2010 Investment Targeting and Trade Flow Analysis, ITC, Bangladesh
- 27-30 Jul 2009 Strengthening the Response to the Global Financial Crisis in Asia-Pacific: The Role of Monetary, Fiscal and External Debt Policies, UNESCAP, Bangladesh
- 21-26 Jun 2009 ESCAP/WTO ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop for Trade Research, Thailand
- 06-09 Apr 2009 Foreign Exchange & Trade Finance Management, BFTI-IIFT, Bangladesh
- 14-16 Oct 2008 How are the Poor Affected by Trade, UNCTAD, India